Sunday, April 10, 2005

Leaving Yesterday Behind

I just voted for my org's (Yeyo, ARKIFORUM!)first-ever online elections. Asteeg talaga. I would never have thought for it to be more than a speck of an experience, but it was huge for me. It was significant in the sense that it was a sign of change, of movement, of hope. Heck, it was a sign of battles fought and won--and of more to come.

I am proud to have served AF as I promised, although I never would have thought I would be given that chance in a million years. Before AF, I was always the ultimate follower and when times deemed necesary, the silent leader. In a way, I still am, but I am now more inclined to take the wheel than the backseat. I guess..no, I KNOW I'm more out there, more confident, more willing to venture out of my shell because of AF.

As much as I will miss being on the helm, I am more fueled by the knowledge that next year, AF will be in good hands (hopefully the best). It has the makings of a great epic movie, if you may--unexpected leaderships, first-timers, young blood (but hungry and passionate blood nonetheless). I must admit I have high hopes for all of them. After all, high hopes were all I had to make happen whatever I planned for AF. It was, at times, all I had.

I am happy to have extra time for all that I need to accomplish for myself now that I don't have as much work from AF. But I will miss it dearly, all of it--even the trials, the tears, the issues, the pressure and whatnot.

But hey, I'm still here. I won't be gone. After all, I am ANJ. Corny it may seem, but it might just stand for ANJan palagi. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home