Sunday, April 23, 2006

SENTI-ments

I'm glad I was talked into attending both College and University Graduation Ceremonies. After almost 7 years of college, I felt at first like graduation was something I'd just like to get over and be done with--what mattered was the fact that I did finish. But now it feels like after almost 7 years, I deserved all that special planning and all those rites and regalia. I'm glad I did it.

It was bittersweet--part of me was happy to be called a UP graduate, yet part of me didn't want to let go of the honor that came with being a UP student...not just yet. My sister, having graduated first, said that it was a normal feeling. I guess...

I was glad I went to the Arki graduation. I even got to receive an award for AF, which made me all the more happy and proud to have been part of it, and vice-versa. I also got to present a flower (a batch gimmick) to the guest of honor. Most of all, I had the chance to bond with everyone--though we may not have started out batchmates--even those I've never, even once, talked to in my entire stay in Arki. It was a nice feeling.

I'm glad I braved the sweltering April heat during University Graduation--and in Filipiniana attire, nonetheless. It was a rare moment being with all my fellow Batch 2006 grads, cheering each other on, as we stood up to be recognized by the entire University and finally to be hailed as the Graduates of 2006. I never fully felt the emotion that came with singing the UP Naming Mahal until yesterday. It just, I don't know, brought chills--good ones, of course.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley Ardelle said...

anj! congrats!!! :)
you all looked happy and glowing...and beautiful! :)

requirements na ba sa grad ang butterfly sleeves?

12:22 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger anj said...

Thanks, Les!!!
Yup, required. Actually, choice yun ng batch--kasi 50th anniversary ng College. Para daw special, hehe.

10:22 PM, April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home