Monday, April 11, 2005

"Free will, brother. Free will."

free will adj: of one's own free will: VOLUNTARY

I don't get this free will thingy. Voluntary--that's the operative word. Doing something out of your own consciousness, your own discretion.

If this is so, then why the heck am I supposed to do things I don't like doing?

i.e.
  • that darned passport. I wasn't even the one who friggin' lost it. And now I'm the one who has to slave over getting a new one. It was not of my doing, ok. And it certainly is not to my liking.
  • that forever-dragging competition. Sure, at first the lure of prestige and 50,000 cash had me salivating. Not anymore. I don't want to spend my entire summer (the only summer in my entire college life that I don't have to take make-up classes) slaving over something I don't want to do anymore. Call me fickle. Sorry, Basil, I've lost my mojo.

The passport, out of necessity and for the sake of my future as a made man, is something I cannot do anything about. It must simply be so.

But the competition. I'm sooo tired of it. I don't want to do it anymore. I QUIT!

I always said quitters were losers. Fine then, I may have lost the war, but I most certainly have not lost the battle. At least not yet.

God gave me free will and as any freebie, I would enjoy it as much as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home