Monday, July 11, 2005

Saint of the Impossible

An old friend sent me an e-mail today with the subject Saint of the Impossible. Attached was a jpeg of Saint Rita of Cassius, and a message saying that if I forwarded the message to 6 people within 36 hours, 2 of the things I wished for most would come true.

I rarely buy into these things--these chain e-mails that go about. I'm a self-proclaimed skeptic, I've seen it all before. But I might just buy into this one.

I've been going through some tough times lately, and impossible is exactly the word that would best describe the circumstances I've been in the past couple of months. Hindi mukha, no? But it's true. In fact, Ive just been dealt another blow just a few minutes ago.

I've decided to put my faith into something I don't usually bite into. But heck, what have I left to lose?

Ayoko namang maging makasarili. I know the country, the world is facing so much these days, and my troubles are probably mere trivialities compared to the rest of the world's. So I'm just taking it all in stride, acting as if nothing's wrong and being my usual sa'kin-na-lang-'to self. Ganun naman dapat minsan, diba? We should stop acting as if the planets revolve around us, and just because we're in so much shit, tama nang mag-whine ng mag-whine. Kaya tayo nagkakaganito as a society eh.

So I'm offering my woes to someone "higher" for the meantime. Sabi naman nila, with God, nothing is impossible. It wouldn't hurt to try. After all, I've tried and have been hurt over and over--what's another one?

I know I'm still standing up afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home