Thursday, June 26, 2008

NO (s)P(r)AIN, NO GAIN.

Literally.

Berinjela's really been raising the intensity of our Capoeira classes as of late. Last night was intense. Instead of people standing around in a circle, he pulled in chairs (wooden conference room-style ones, mind you) and said, "Play." You can't touch the chairs. You touch it, you get hurt. So I was getting pretty good at controlling my moves and keeping my eyes on my partner. The minute I sit down, "WHAP!" Coxinha's heel comes pounding down on my fingers, which happened to be gripping the chair's backrest. Felt like someone took a hammer--no, a mallet--and pounded away on my hand. Coxinha's foot-1, my right ring and pinkie fingers-zero.

Then I go up against Pes da Pipoca (which literally translates to Popcorn Feet, btw) and I do this fantastic rasteira (if I say so myself) that makes Berinjela go, "Muito bom, Passara!!!". And he does the same back at me, only I dodge it halfway and ended up tripping on my tippie-toes. I'd say that was a two-way tie: my rasteira-1, Pes da Pipoca's rasteira-1, my right fourth toe (what do they call it anyway?)-zero.

So I end up dunking my hand in a cup of ice all throughout taco time, and gripping an ice pack while asleep to numb the pain. Now I'm at the office, hobbling around with my toes bandaged and trying to type with 3 fingers on my right hand. But it's all good. All the pain and discomfort is so worth it hearing those words from Berinjela, and him telling me my game's really picking up. A dor e boa. Pain is good. I'm so happy I'll probably work out the whole weekend, haha.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Baboysai said...

pumayat ka na ba? ^^

9:56 AM, July 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooohhhh---ouch. Gusto ko rin mag-exercise. hahaha! Sounds like fun. :D

8:02 AM, August 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home