Saturday, October 13, 2007

concept-erased by nature.

Hiked today up the redwood park about a couple of hours away from home. It was a very scenic drive, with the trees starting to turn different colors, just like in the movies. I felt like Little Red Riding Hood, walking amidst the 1,000-year-old, 300+ feet redwood trees :p

For a moment, I didn't think about anything. I just took it all in.

Then we went down Sonoma Coast, to the little beaches. Freezing cold, brrrr. It was very pretty, with huge waves and pebbled shores. I got to thinking, that if anything, I would miss being able to go to the beach and actually be in the water even in the coldest tropical months, like Boracay in December *sigh*.

It was a nice break from the monotony of the past weeks, though. It took my mind off a lot of things. Not all of them, of course, but I have to say it did me a little good.

A talk with my Ninang gave me a bit of inspiration too. Some sort of a new mantra:

It's good to miss, but it's way better to look forward.

Yep.

*****

(It's been raining a lot lately, and a really nice memory just popped into my head :D)

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed
Nothin' seems to fit
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done
Sleepin' on the job
Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know
The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me
It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me

Hehe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home