Monday, October 08, 2007

metafore!

I watched Il Postino yesterday. I love that scene when Neruda asks Mario to say something beautiful about his island. And all Mario could utter was, "Beatrice Russo." (the name of the waitress at Vino en Cantina).

Awww *blushes*

*****

Leni and I were talking about that part in The Alchemist when Coelho says that, "When you really want something, the whole Universe conspires so that you may get it."

Then we decided, hindi yun totoo. Because sometimes, even when you honestly, desperately want something, the ball may be on someone else's court, and that someone will have the power to decide. More often than not, as I've experienced, it won't swing your way. Kaya hindi siya totoo. Coelho must have had a wonderful, glorious moment once in his life that made him come up with such a statement. The rest of us--not as lucky a bastard as he is.

*****

In light of that Coelho moment, I told Leni that I think sometimes even when you've given up everything--your pride, your happiness, your all--just for that one desire, wala pa rin. Wasak ka na, wawasakin ka pa rin nang tuluyan.

leni: parang ako, wasak.
anj: ikaw at ako, wasak.
leni: haha.
anj: baka kaya tayo friends. we may not be part of the same china, but we make a pretty damn fine mosaic :D
leni: tama! ancient-rome mosaic. yes. uma-art stud.

who wants to be part of that mosaic too? :p

*****

Mi Manchi.

Means I miss you in Italian. Although sa Babelfish daw, it means "it lacks to me" (literally), which I first thought was just plain stupid, heehee.

When you actually think about it, though, it does make sense. Because when you miss someone, you do feel like something's not quite there. Like you're incomplete, and you need that certain someone, or something to make you feel whole again. So tama nga, I miss you--because I "lack" you, because you're not here.

*sigh*
Mi manchi.... :'(


*****

It's getting colder by the day. I spend my days running, reading, cooking--by myself. And my nights thinking--still by myself. It's hard. But I'm learning to bite my lip and press on. Because life is hard. For all I know this may just a little pinprick in my life's skin.

I miss bear hugs :(

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger the little monster said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:37 AM, October 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe. hindi ko pa ma-appreciate masyado si paolo coelho since the alchemist pa lang ang nabasa ko na gawa nya.

pero yun nga. di totoo yun. paano kung yung gusto ko eh in conflict sa gusto ng iba, pero we want it bad enough pareho. tas magkasing level. sino masusunod?

pati who's to say na enough na yung pagka-gusto ko sa isang bagay para ibigay na sakin ng whole fucking universe? ibig sabihin yung mga hindi ko nakuha, i didn't want them talaga kaya di naging sakin? malabo siya. haha :p

tsaka paano kung yung gusto ko eh hindi ko pala talaga gusto pero hindi ko alam na hindi ko pala gusto kaya akala ko gusto ko?

hahaha. ang gulo ko. at mahaba na to.

:p

1:40 AM, October 09, 2007  
Blogger anj said...

haha. ayos lang. pinag-isipan talaga natin no?

pero hindi talaga totoo yun -_-

7:00 AM, October 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home