Friday, July 22, 2005

The Big T.G.I.W. (Thank God it's the Weekend)

It's been a long week for everyone--Daddy had to go to the hopital, Anna had several entrance exams to settle, I pretty much had to be on top of everthing (as usual), and then there's the MLV issue.

If there's one thing that I'm most thankful for this week, it's the fact that everything worked itself out faster than you can say "uh-oh". Thank God.

Daddy just got out of the hospital today; Anna got into the company she wanted; Bing, Richelle and Sir Alex took care of the MLV issue; the Execom got talking about stuff that mattered.

And I'm still alive.

Like I always say, there's nothing impossible when it comes to prayers, good communication and a couple of ice-cold brewskies. Haha.

Last night was spent on a couple of San Mig Lights and lots of isaw, with a good number of both members and AFlicants at Sarah's, our usual Friday night hangout. It seemed as if everyone there felt like they deserved a break of some sort--away from the pressure of plates, exams and the little tricks life plays on you. I had fun, as I'm sure everyone else did. For a moment, age differences were bridged, social barriers broken, and a genuine spirit of friendship--family, almost-- was in the air. I was proud (as I always am) to be part of AF. As Jas and I would say, there is not one word that can sum up the organization--except maybe the word great, that is.

Today's spent on rooting for the UP Fighting Maroons, with prayers that their winning streak goes on and on and on. Also, it's Daddy birthday, so that makes this day extra special. I know we had our differences not too long ago, and we still have some, but what's one day for a truce, right? Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Tomorrow and Monday's probably going to be spent on reviewing for a removals exam, a quiz and thinking about everything else that I come back to come Tuesday.

That's life.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home