Friday, July 15, 2005

Pinoy Blonde, Shootout sa Kanto and Whatnot

Pinoy Blonde

I saw Pinoy Blonde today. Wow.

It's not just because it's a Peque Gallaga flick, and one that took him a decade to finally bring to the big screen. It's not even the 20 or so cameos by the industry's most illustrous thespians.

Pinoy Blone is all about dry humor and quick-witted dialogue, seemingly LSD-induced visuals, great music and everuthing else in between. It's everything a typical Pinoy flick is...and is not. It's hard to put into words, you've got to see it. Nay, experience it.

Fresh. That's what it is--a breath of fresh air in the musty, moldy, mildewy atmosphere of the Filipino movie industry.

Thank God for films like these. Thank Gallaga I'm not about to lose hope in Pinoy cinema just yet.

"Wow. Tangina."--Conrad Cunanan

The Shootout

I have never, ever been exposed to even the slightest bit of scandal or violence in my 22 years of living in my neighborhood until today.

It was 11:30 am. I was having lunch with my Grandpa when we heard the sound of firecrackers--or at least we thought they were firecrackers--being ignited. They turned out to be bullets.

A shootout was happening in the middle of the road. Our road. Goodness gracious.

Resisting the urge to cower under the dinner table (besides, I've been planning since last night to go see Pinoy Blonde in SM), I peekd out the window to see what was going on, careful to keep my body shielded by the dining room wall.

Ang lolo kong pasaway, ayun, ang bilis. In a snap he was able to sneak away from me, open the gate and go usi with our neighbors.

I came to the gate, greeted by the sight of the dead body of a middle-aged male lying on his back on the cold pavement--smack in the middle of the street. Police, a SWAT team and a sea of usisero humanity surrounded him, peering and poking.

I don't want to go into the details of the whole incident. Basta, it was a sharp-shooter from the SWAT who did the deed (in fairness, moving target yun, naka-motorcycle). And all of it stems from the one thing that makes this world an ugly one.

Anger.

Nakakatawa pa ang mga kapitbahay ko. "Wala bang istasyon ng TV na darating? Baka ma-news yan!" Talaga naman.

"Vanity. My favorite sin." --Al Pacino, Devil's Advocate

And Whatnot

Belated happy birthday, Sir Alex! Painom ka naman!

Oi. Ang happy ko naman na madami na kaming aplikante sa AF. Sana lahat sila ok (kahit pusta ko na 17 lang ang papasa).

Pota. I'm craving pizza.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

8:40 PM, August 01, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home