Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Marathon

I tried to go into hibernation the past long weekend--tried being the operative word. I figured I needed time to think about a lot of things going on in my life. I should have known three days was too short a time to accomplish the incredible feat of putting my life into order. I really should take lessons from some people--like my friend Arlene. At 22, she's got a really good job as a mechanical engineer in some international company abroad, she's earning a lot and living the life, and she has this wonderful guy in her life that she's marrying come December 2006. Now if that's not organized, I don't know what it is.

God. The realization just hit me--one of my dearest friends is getting married. Married! Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy for her to have found the love of her life (after many hits and misses), but there's this inescapable fear creeping up on me. The fear of being always the bridesmaid, never the bride. Oh God.

I don't know, there's just something in there. It's not like Im on the prowl for a partner, I'm happy the way things are going in terms of my being single. And after a couple of well, attempts, I can say I'm okay being like this. Really. I guess it's more the realization that hey, I really am at a certain age now when I should be taking things more seriously, no more playing around. I really am an adult now and therefore should act like so. With me still being in school and living with my folks, and the absence of pressure to make it out on the real world my way, that kind of overshadows the reality that at this age, I really should get going with my own life. I could keep on whining and complaining about not having the freedom to do what I want, but oftentimes I forget that, well, I can do something about it. Jeesh. So maybe I should start now.

On a lighter note, I went to the Office of Student Affairs this afternoon with Ivan, Foom and Sir O for an interview regarding the recognition of the Heritage Conservation Society--UP Chapter as a university-based organization. I've just been appointed Secretary (by God knows who) and I tagged along to offer support and answer to as many questions as I can just so the OSA personnel is impressed. Haha. After a few minutes, we were given the recognition and now we're officially an organization. It doesn't mean that I'm leaving my loyaties with AF--I will forever be loyal and commited to the organization that is so much a part of who I am. I guess I'm just being open to other options that would allow me to better myself. Plus it's a cause that I'm quite passionate for. Basta, I'm happy.

It's almost August. Wow, time does fly so fast. And there's a lot of things going on this month. Aside from the usual school-related stuff, August also marks both my lola and my dad's birthdays and death anniversaries (August 2, 11, 16 and 21--gulo, noh?), Arkiweek (themed like Encantadia--sinong may pakana nito, ha?!), and of course, and AF Week (which I'm really excited for. Hopefully this is the best, asteeg-est one ever!). Birthday din ni Love and ni Leni, and my mom and stepdad's wedding annversary. Lord, if I had to spend money for every activity, I'd be broke even before the month actually starts!

Lately I've been listening to this new band (new, at least to me) called The Spill Canvas, as recommended by a new friend. It usually takes me a while to acquire taste for a band I haven't heard of before, but this one I like. I especially like this song called The Tide. It speaks of how love is, at the same time, a hoax and completely real. Ah, my kind of song. Try it out--if you're into mellow, emo stuff, this just might be for you. It kind of inspired me to write poetry again after a long while, and I'm seriously thinking of taking up guitar (I'm so rusty now) so I can make music. Imagine that--make music!

I'm also checking out PAWS--this animal welfare group. My sister and I are thinking about adopting a pet. There are a lot of unwanted ones out there, and we're so willing to care for them as our own.

Wow, this has to be my longest post ever--and I haven't even started on that SONA that wasn't!

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home