Thursday, January 26, 2006

Don't Worry Baby

"What nourishes me also destroys me."--Angelina Jolie

I must admit, a day in my life doesn't go by without something--even in its most minute form--working me up and stressing me out. By nature, I think about things too much, worry about things too much, stress out about things too much. It's what I live for. And now all of it's killing me. I hate it.

That's how I cope with things--by worrying about them. I worry about big things, small things, trivial things, important things, everything! And even when it doesn't show, the worry gears in my brain start spinning out of control. It's an internal battle. Even if outside it's all cool, all good and laid-back. At the rate that I'm worrying, I'm amazed I haven't suffered hypertension or a heart attack at my age.

I guess it all started when I was really young, having left with the responsibility of looking after my younger sister and my aging grandparents after my folks split up, my dad just kinda disappeared and my mom had to go to the US. It's not really a regret that I got all of this handed to me so early--it built my character, made me independent. Unfortunately, there's always a yang for every yin. In this case, the ugly, evil twin was my being a worrier. So now I'm a strong, independent, responsible worrywart. Weird.

I know I really should follow my mom's advice to stop worrying too much, you know, relax, take a chill pill. But can't seem to, though. It's just not my style.

But I will try my hardest. I'm looking forward to this vacation to sort of ease this personal burden. Mama says I'm welcome to bum around for as long as I want. Honestly, hindi ko yata kaya. Pustahan tayo, I'm gonna look for a job as soon as I get there just because I'm so scared of not having my own money to spend. Hay, leche. See what I mean?

Oh well. OK. To get me out of this worrying rut, even just for a while, ang makakahula kung ilang beses lumabas ang salitang worry (including compounds, etc) sa post na ito wins a free Starbucks drink from me. Sige, bilis, hula!

1 Comments:

Blogger the little monster said...

11!!!! kasali lahat ng words na ang pinagmulan ay worry. 4 lang yung 'worry'-worry. hehe :p

6:28 AM, January 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home