Friday, January 26, 2007

From Oz to the E.R.:10 Things I Learned from the Journey to Hell and Back

Before anyone reacts, "Uh-oh, Anj has lost her mind!" (although I must say, I would gladly agree), let me clarify a few things. First, Oz as in Oz cafe at the Bahay ng Alumni. Second, ER as in emergency room where I rushed my lolo (not myself) just a couple of hours ago--not to worry, it was just a panic attack. And third, contrary to what the title may insinuate, this is not a Griffin and Sabine-esque recount of otherworldy travels and eerie experiences. This is just me recounting a few snippets of knowledge that by some weird force latched onto my brain despite traveling in zombie mode from UP to the hospital and finally, home:

1. Expect weird choices from weird people. I love *toot* to death, but I just can't help but react rather vehemently to a recent confession of hers. Oh well. To each her own. (Pero di pa rin yata ako over...)

2. The manner by which one is addressed is not a reflection of the addresee, but rather the addresser. While I was collecting fieldtrip payments at the office, some kid from Arch 18 (markado ka na, 'neng!) addressed me as "Ate". Not ate like a big sister, nor ate like Ate Vi, Pinoy Idol. More like "Ate___, kolektor ng jueteng." Or "Ate___, tindera ng banana cue." Needless to say, I was kind of p.o.'d. I did not wake up 2 hours earlier than usual to put on makeup and choose a cute outfit just to be called Ate, ok?! But then I realized something--those who choose to call others by informal addresses like ate, kuya or manong...tend to look like ate's, kuya's and manong's. And those who use words like miss, ma'am or sir--they do actually look like misses and ma'ams and sirs themselves. hahaha.

3. While some guys (as mentioned two posts before) can be so barat when it comes to effort in making ligaw, some men (notice the emphasis) can go great lengths just for a chance to make their special girl's heart beat a little faster. Say, for example, lugging around a venti Mocha Frappucino in the LRT ride from Katipunan to Sta. Mesa just so some lucky girl can have a Starbucks break from studying. All together now....AWWWW!

4. Some people are just looking to get hurt...over and over and over and over again. Tsk-tsk.

5. Emotional pain lasts only 12 seconds. Anything more is self-inflicted. I don't know who the psychology genius who came up with this conclusion is, but he (or she) as sure is right as hell. Actually, this was forwarded to me by a good friend named Leni (naks special siopao pa si Empress Chin-chan-su!), who in actuality, is also a very reliable source of philosophical insights and rational theories.

6.You can't have cake and eat it too...literally. A slice of decadent chocolate cake may be a trade-off for disappointing news regarding your super-duper crush (yup, the one that gets your panties in a twist). A chunk of yummy cheesecake can mean spending a couple of hours in ER. See? Nothing comes free of charge nowadays. However...

7. While God may not allow you the whole sundae, He's nice enough to give you the cherry on top. Going home from the hospital is never an easy task when you still have to go out yourself just to flag a cab...untill you hear someone calling your name and realize it's coming from a red Vios that's about to take poor, exhausted little you comfortably home. Thanks, Maan!

8. There's no perfect time for sexytime than in a busful of people en route to some provincial town. Strangers making the most of the dark, hehe. While it may not be as, um, sexy a scenario as your green minds are probably processing right now (I can sense your imaginative gears going into overdrive!), it definitely is kilig, even coming from the unlikeliest of couples.

9. Opposites do attract. Someone asked me earlier why we (her and I) are just magnets for both not-so-hot guys and hot guys with not-so-hot girls. My answer? Because opposites attract--kasi we're hot...and into hotties. Lakas ng fighting spirit!

10. LOVE IS INDEED IN THE AIR...and it's bringing sexyback! Ang pinaka-usong pasttime these days--ang kiligin sa mga kwentong YM, kwentong text at kwentong Mocha Frap. Yiiiii....

1 Comments:

Blogger the little monster said...

.You can't have cake and eat it too...literally. A slice of decadent chocolate cake may be a trade-off for disappointing news regarding your super-duper crush (yup, the one that gets your panties in a twist). A chunk of yummy cheesecake can mean spending a couple of hours in ER. See? Nothing comes free of charge nowadays. However...

yeah. no more cakes for me. what a boring life. first, no beer, and now, no cakes for me? Hay. Hanggang kelan kaya to. haha :p and he doesn't get my panties in a twist. Panties=non-existent. ahaha joke lang. for general patronage pa din to. what's after the HOWEVER thing at teh end??

7:56 AM, January 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home