Thursday, January 18, 2007

whatnot.

Went with Daddy to the doctor today for some updates and check ups. It's good to know he's getting better (I mean, a bout with pneumonia at his age and condition is no laughing matter). Went back to work today but did no work, really, because of the ACLE/student assembly. Just hung out with friends, ate at the fishball stand, had a few laughs. A very simple day, but a fulfilling one nonetheless.

I guess I'll be going back to work full blast tomorrow (hello, new LCD monitor!). The 3-day leave I was so not looking forward to (ironic, isn't it?) actually proved to be a nice little breather--a much needed one, after the stressful past weeks. But tomorrow, back to work--to phone calls and fax memos, to presentations and plans.

Funny little mix-up with "wiii" (hi, ninang!). Ninang actually thought I bout a Wii gaming console, haha. I wish! Nope, but my new toy (a widescreen laptop) is just as good. It feels good to see your hardwork come to fruition--all that saving up and scrimping. Masarap pala talaga ang feeling. :)

Planning to go to that much-hyped floating bookstore on Saturday with the girls. I've actually been spending time browsing through booksales, and nice enough, I've been able to get hold of a couple of interesting titles for almost just 50-90% off the price (wow!). Too bad things have been kinda hectic, and I haven't really had the time to sit down and go through a single book. But I will find time, I promise. Tama si Agnes eh, it's our constant quest for new stories that drive us to just take the time to just sit down and read. And I will do just that one of these days.

It's Liv's birthday on the 27th, but I'm sure she feels like anything but celebrating with what's happened. Nevertheless, I still wish her a happy 25th. Happy birthday, Liv--you know I can't give you a greater gift than that of my friendship. Mwah!

It's Jay's birthday tomorrow, he'll be 20. He says he's dreading leaving behind his last year as a teen, but I'm sure he'll find the extra liberty of being an adult really refreshing. Happy birthday, Jay-taba! Drink and be merry! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home