Friday, January 19, 2007

[you] raise me up.

I need a raise. Lately, I've been evaluating work (and there's lots of it) and I just can't help but feel what many working people feel--that they're (we're) overworked and underpaid.

Before, it wasn't a money issue--I like work, I like the work I do, I like the people I work with. That used to be enough. But when you start needing to take Stresstabs and getting prescripted anti-stress antibiotics, I think you definitely should stop and start thinking about things, especially in the financial aspect.

I originally signed on for one job. Now I'm doing, I don't know--five? And the pay, like I always say, isn't so great. And now that times are hard and a thousand pesos is but barya, pay is anything but magnificent, let alone sufficient. And thinking about that led me to the conclusion (something everybody else was aware of) that I need a raise.

Thing is, I don't exactly know how to go about asking for one. I've never been a good conversationalist when it came to money matters. But God knows there's no better time than now to do it. And I should, rather than waste more energy and sleepless nights thinking about what to do.

Yuck, I'm beggining to sound like a real adult. Oh, wait--I am a real adult! Maybe that's why I'm starting to think about things like this. Oh well.



Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality...
--Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home