Monday, January 08, 2007

*fingers crossed*

Siksik, liglig at umaapaw. The perfect adjectives to describe my schedule for this week. It's only Monday, yet I feel like doing a TGIF and just plain collapsing onto my bed. Funny how I get so caught up in things--it was only today that I realized that I was working on practically 6 (yes, count 'em) simultaneous projects. Superwoman, ikaw ba yan? Nope. More like Zsa Zsa Zaturnah. Haha.

Too bad. Looks like that article for a magazine isn't gonna be able to even wriggle it's way into my jampacked schedule. So I decided to pass it off to a friend who I think will do a tremendous job on it. Pero the people at Transit have another thing in mind na naman. They're doing a column on unique jobs, and they think what I'm doing is (according to them) "very interesting". I don't know about interesting. Stressful is more like it. Hectic, pwede pa. Haha. But I'm kinda flattered, I must say.

On a slightly sadder note, my lolo's at the hospital yet again. Nasobrahan yata sa holiday ek-ek (at sa fruit salad, I'm sure), kaya he got pneumonia. Nakaka-praning. Ngayon pa lang, I'm already dreading whatever old age will hand me. Ayoko maging parang si lolo, lahat na yata ng sakit meron. So I quit smoking (well, for the meantime). I haven't had a smoke since Friday last week. Ayoko na rin muna yatang uminom. I mean, I'm not such a heavy drinker (asa pa sa hina ng tolerance ko no), but I feel like I need a little break from my buddy [San] Mig after our little bonding moments last December. Plus, I'm reading this new book called French Women Don't Get Fat by Mireille Guiliano. I saw it on Oprah and it looked fun, not like your average food-and-nutrition-self-help-reading. In fact, there's more recipes than diet tips. If that's not a good thing then I don't know what it is.

But...if there's one thing I would like to splurge on these days, it's definitely reading material. It's been a while since I've spent my time devouring one book after the other (last time was about 3 or so months ago, back in the US pa). And there's just so many wonderful new titles at Powerbooks and Fully Booked. However, ayoko muna yatang gastusin ang sweldo ko. It's the start of the year, and I definitely wanna spend the first quarter man lang with a lot of moolah. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed...and my wallet shut tight. Haha.

It's Foomy's birthday today (Happy Birthday, Poypoy!). 25 na siya. Which means in a few months, I too will reach my quarter-century mark. Mama's celebrating a milestone this year too--she'll be 50 in May. Gosh. 25, 50. I know they're just numbers, but can you blame me if I feel old all of a sudden? Nyiii.

Sana matuloy ang Ilocos shoot this weekend. God knows we desperately need to finish that part of work. Not to mention the free side trip/side-vacation to the shores of the North. It's been about 3 years (yata) since I last went up North, and it has always been full of fond memories for me. I'm part Ilocano, you know. Again...*fingers crossed*.

Swerte ako to have this kind of energy at the start of the year. I know I'm just kinda prepping up for what's to come, and it's kind of comforting to know that I'm ready for it. Bring it on!, ika nga. Sana forever na 'to. May I never have another blah moment this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baboysai said...

the thirst for stories, is more like it. It's exactly what I'm feeling. So bad na di na ako pumapasok just looking for them... hay. Are our lives that dry that we seek stories to fill them up?

8:08 PM, January 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home