Tuesday, September 18, 2007

mababaw lang...

...but then maybe things are supposed to be like that once you try to make a fresh start out of your life. Like a newborn, not knowing anything, not being able to do anything by yourself at first. It's a weird concept how you have to hold on to someone's hand for a while, with the ultimate goal of being comfortably independent for the rest of your life.

It's close to my second week here and I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the way things are going. I've been able to do "important stuff" (read:boring stuff like get my ID, open a bank account, do little odd jobs here and there for the meantime, etc.). Next week I'm getting my license and a phone. After that, I'm going around jobhunting (there's a couple of openings I'm pretty interested at, it's just a question of whether I stick to what I know, or I go with what I love. hmmm...)

People say I should chill out, relax for a while. Get my affairs in order. After all, it hasn't even been a couple of weeks. I don't know. Part of me wants to do just that, I feel like I deserve it. But part of me's saying, "Go!". Strike while the iron is hot, get in the groove, something like that. Momentum.

I'm up for a job again Friday, then I'm spending the Saturday with Anna and a friend in San Francisco to catch up and maybe watch Across the Universe. Sunday is driving day.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home