Thursday, December 06, 2007

everyone has their days.

I picked up my sister from school this afternoon, and on the way home she turns to me and says, "I don't want to be anything when I grow up.", to which I could only muster a very confused, very disgruntled, "Why???"

"I just want to be myself."

All of a sudden I just wanted to be in her 6-year-old shoes, with nary a clue as to how difficult that specific task is to accomplish.

Then we get home and my mom wants to get a Christmas tree from the lot. So I ask, with all the glowing excitement of someone with a brand new instruction permit, if I can drive to the store which was about a couple of blocks away from the house.

"No....you don't know how it is to drive in a busy street."

Damn right I don't, which was the whole point of doing it--to learn. How the heck am I supposed to be a good driver when all I do is turn corners and do figure-eights at the church parking lot? Gah. I'm 25, not a fucking teenager. I know how it is to be protected and how it is to be let out vulnerable in a bad-ass world, and guess what? I chose the latter.

To wish to be a child again and to hate being treated like one in a span of three hours. That's a trip for you.

And if life couldn't be any bitchier today, I dropped a bowlful of my lunch on the floor and broke a string on my violin. And it's raining.

Oh well, everyone has their days. I guess mine's December 6th.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home