Saturday, May 07, 2005

Ode to the 7 Deadly Sins

When my mind is free no melody can move me
When I'm feeling blue the guitars are coming through to soothe me
Day after day I'm more confused
I search for the light in the pouring rain
No match and game that I hate to lose
I'm feeling strange
I ain't ashamed...

I love this song. Everything I feel as of the moment, it just shouts loud and clear. Summer's for getting lost in rock n' roll--not for building stupid matchstick bridges that can't even stand a slight breeze.

I think I've been duped in this project. I mean, I already did it the first time, so there really is no point in doing it again. I wasn't even required to take the friggin' final exams, and "they" tell me I can't get out of this one. To hell, I can't. It sucks soooo bad...and it sucked me right in. Just my luck to have missed class on that fateful day when "they" signed me up. Freak it.

Save me from this prison
Don't help me get weak
'coz only you can save me now from this misery
I'll be lost in my own place and I'll get weary
And I know that I need to change my ways of living
How far is heaven?
Lord, can you tell me?

I was with a few friends yesterday, perusing a local mall, searching for light amidst an aimless summer existence. She called up a couple of guy friends (alarm bells) and sure enough, they came to the meeting place.

First of all, "set-ups" are never comfortable experiences. Even if the people in question are well, your type (which they weren't, i.e. I'm not a friggin' babysitter) or aren't but are really nice and funny (sige na nga, they were). Don't, okay. It's not nice (it's an attempt though), especially when you don't tell either party that they're being set up ('yon yun eh). God.

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day til eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you
If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I would save every day like a treasure and then
I would spend them with you...

I miss my old girls (old=high school, not old=past or old=aged). I got a surprise text from Liv a couple of days ago. It's sad we had to rely on other people's blogs just to catch up. It's been a crazy couple of months, but it's no excuse for not knowing what's up with friends you've known since kindergarten. I'm guilty--forgive me, 7 deadly sins!

Back in high school, me, live, yel, sep, arlene, leah and chuk belonged to different groups. I don't really remember when we officially became a group. All I know is it was lunch supplied by a classmate's mom that brought us together (Cordon Bleu, haha). We decided to name ourselves the 7 deadly sins because everyone thought of us as the nice girls, but little did they know. I loved our group. It wasn't just a friendship--it was sisterhood, really.

College came and we had to part ways, but we vowed to keep in touch. Alas, daily lunch dates became weekly coffees, weekly coffees became monthly dinners, monthly dinners became twice-a-year gatherings (sometimes, not everybody was present, and there was just 7 of us!). It was inevitable I guess, 4 of us were in UP, one was in Katipunan and two were in faraway Taft.

After college (well, at least for them), we began seeing each other again, this time more often than we did in college. There were those "wala lang" meetings when you just happen to bump into each other in National Bookstore and decide to round each other up for coffee and chocolate cake (sorry, chuk). It was a relief that my prodigal sisters have come back from the dead!

Now everyone's working (haha, asa pa), Arlene's in another part of the world, Chuk's taking the exam. I swear, when her exam's over, I'm organizing some sort of a get together---movie, coffee, dinner, Galera, to a friggin' desert island, who cares. Maybe we can go visit Arlene wherever her boat is and see the controversial Italiano for closer scrutiny!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home