Monday, August 01, 2005

Poema

I have no idea what was in my soy latte or what came over me at Starbucks a couple of days ago--I took out my pen, a piece of paper and my hands seemed to be possessed by some uncontrollable force to write. Or maybe it was my inner self aching to get out after a long hiatus.
This isn't even about anyone in particular. It just came out, for reasons unknown to me.


You fascinate me.
White-gold amidst a sea of
shiny ebony and amber.
Blue, grey. Wood, stone and
intoxicating art.
Careful, the beverage you're
about to enjoy is extremely hot.
Brown sugar crunch.
Long fingers caressing crisp pages.
Huckleberry Finn. And his boys.
You fascinate me without words.
Speechless, nodding, no words.
Lips pursed. Wallpaper-like.
Intense silence. Focus
Ray Charles soul and blues.
Careful, the beverage you're
about to enjoy is extremely hot.
Remedy.
Thank you for curing me of my
insipid infatuation with love.
You.
Fascinate.
Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home