Sunday, March 12, 2006

WHEW!

Haraya Week was a blast! (Ilang beses ko ba kailangang ulitin?). Sooo much fun, sobra! I think it was the most fun I've had in weeks---months even. Had so much fun in Friday's Inauguration and Jamming (even though I was dog-tired and still had to go to a wedding the following day). It's weird, after all last week's festivities, the band's Arki celebrity all of a sudden--wehehe! Never thought I'd get the guts to rock out with all the faculty and UP VIPs watching last Friday (can you imagine me singing Wannabe and Knocking on Heaven's Door in front of Presidents Nemenzo and Roman, and Chancellor Cao? Sheer guts, I tell you. And a little bit of kapal ng mukha to boot!). In fairness, they didn't mind at all. In fact, dare I say that they enjoyed it--I did definitely catch a glimpse of Prof. Santos and Dean Luis dancing along). Sir Silvestre even gave me a pat on the back and whispered, "Rockstar ka pala ha!". In fairness, kinilig ako ng konti. Wehehe. Can't have enough praises for my DO NOT DELAY bandmates (Foom, Joel, James--love ya guys!).

Then we had the formal Inauguration, with ribbon-cutting, blessing, fireworks, buffet and all. It was super fun. I really felt so lucky to belong to a really cool College at that particular moment. Sure, sometimes we students feel that the admin's such a stickler for rules and etiquette--but man, they can be fun when they want to!

Though I know they won't get to read this, I'd still like to thank Dean Luis and Ma'am Santos for being such good sports, and for being the coolest administrators ever!

As usual, what Arki party would be complete without a few cases of San Miguel? 3 cases of Grande, to be exact, which we had to finish that night. It was a cool sight--Arki "youngsters", alumni and faculty hanging out, drinking and just laughing our brains out. Kelan susunod??? :D

Went home (with Foom, Leni and Sir Jojo in tow), drank some more, made weird analyses between Foom's snacks and his love dilemmas, and finally dozed off at around 4am. Woke up at around 11, took a shower, got ready for the 5pm wedding Anna and I were supposed to attend. Sarap ng food--and chocolate fountain rocks! Left at around 8, took a cab to UP and got there just in time to hear Errol's band play at the JPIA thingy. Went home, drank some more, got a little crazy with the digicam and slept at around 2am.

Now it's back to reality. People are busy again, thanks to the upcoming finals week. But I'm sure everyone feels that last week was such a nice break from the madness that is college life.

As for graduation...almost there... :D

PS
Posted pics (thanks Leni and supertalended Roi) in my Multiply. Puntahan nyo na lang--wanjeloo.multiply.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home