Sunday, December 03, 2006

21 days to go...

Had a party Saturday for Anna's 21st. It was a small party, pero ang saya nevertheless. Salamat kay Jessa, para kaming may stand-up comic for hire nung gabing yon :p

Next party: Dec. 16, Saturday. Pre-Xmas party na yun for this year. Sana mas maraming tao--pero please, Mr. Eigenmann, wag na tayong mag dare-or-dare, ha?!

Is it possible to look forward to Christmas and feel a little twinge of sadness? Syempre, ang pasko daw, like the song goes is "...the most wonderful time of the year..." Pero syempre the sentiment changes depende sa mga pangyayari sa buhay ng tao. Like me. I must admit that although I look forward to Xmas every year, it's never a completely happy time for me when it comes around. Kasi nama-magnify lang yung pangungulila mo sa mga taong hindi mo kasama, at lalo na sa mga hindi mo na makakasama ever. I don't even remember the Christmases I had as a child, when both mama and papa were there, nung andito pa ang mga kamag-anak ko. That's sad, diba?

Hay. I know, I know. I should be thankful for what I have. Swerte pa rin na kahit medyo mahirap ang 2006 for the family (lalo na tong last quarter where we really experienced our financial woes), at least malakas kami, buhay, nakakaraos. I mean, how about those people who don't have anything--no food, no homes, no families? I'm sure Christmas for them is a million times lonelier and sadder than it is for me. Nakakalungkot.

Siguro unless more people in the world find Christmas worth celebrating, that's the only time when I'll be able to say that Christmas indeed is "the most wonderful time of the year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home