Wednesday, January 31, 2007

dead tired. yet revived.

Education, while fun and worthwhile, can also be sooooo tiring. I was awake before 7am today, and went on my way to the National Museum (and may I just say that it's been probably over a decade since I last went there) to help Gerard curate the materials for the Building Modernity exhibit, the one that's just exactly a week from today.

I had fun looking at all the exhibit materials, poring over texts and artifacts, being part of the general planning process. So much fun, in fact, that it got me contemplating about taking up Art History or Art Studies--for a master's degree or a second degree altogether, I have not yet decided. Nevertheless, it has definitely entered my mind. It seems fun to work in a museum, contrary to a lot of people's ideas of such as dark, dusty, stuffy places. Well, it is kind of dark, and kind of stuffy, and definitely very dusty (ha...chew!), but the idea of coming to work everyday and being welcomed by art and artifacts that not everyone is lucky enough to see and study (like the roomful of artifacts from the St. Louis Exposition of 1904 that was just recently returned to its rightful home after more than a century, wow) is just all too appealing to me.

And to think that just last night, I was whining and moping around over what a boring routine my life has become. Now that I think about it, I may just have found my "light" amidst the dark, dusty, stuffy recesses of a museum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home