Monday, January 01, 2007

happy new year, pa.

I dreamt of my dad last night. I haven't had dreams about him in a long time. I dreamt Anna and I were picking him up from the airport. He was wearing a white shirt, black jeans and aviator sunglasses (like he always did). His usually longish hair was unusually dark, like he grew a few years younger. He had a huge smile on his face. We went to this fancy hotel place, did videoke (pati sa panaginip, addict pa rin sa magic sing!) and just talked the night away. I couln't make out nor remember what we talked about, but I could sense the happiness of that moment.

I guess it was my dad's way of greeting me happy new year. I'd like to think that since we had very few holiday moments together when he was still alive, he's kind of trying to make up for that--even if it was just in a dream. And on my part, I've been thinking a lot about him too ever since the death of a friend's dad. I guess that's my way of making it up to him, even though we're worlds apart.

I was happy to welcome the year with thoughts of Papa.

Happy New Year, Pa. And Happy New Year to all of you who are lucky to still be able to welcome 2007 with your dads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home