Thursday, December 21, 2006

a sad day.

It's hard to lose someone you love--much so at times like these when family and togetherness mean the world.

A very good friend lost a loved one just yesterday--a mere 5 days before Christmas.

I wanted to say so many things to comfort her--things like "I know what you're going through." or "I feel your pain." or "It's going to be okay." I decided not to. After all, no amount of empathy can patch up a heart that's totally broken and lost for answers.

I know what it feels like, having been in a stitch like that a couple of times around. I also know that it is going to be okay. But I let her talk, let her grieve--something that, from the time tragedy struck, she was never able to fully do amidst the chaos and the commotion. As a friend, it was all I could offer.




To my dear Olivia: My only wish for you is that with this big loss, you find an ever bigger part of yourself. I love you, and I'm always here for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liv Burgos said...

Anj, I've seen the many faces of consolation. I've realized that it isn't how they try to console you, but in how they just let you grieve. You're amongst those who I knew understood the many-faceted pain and your being there was more than enough to resuscitate hope. Salamat and love you right back, girl. :)

9:15 PM, January 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home