Friday, December 28, 2007

my white christmas

So the car kinda Scrooged on us up in Tahoe, and we spent 4 days up in the mountains instead of 3. So what? Ang happy!!!!

This holiday is honestly one of the best (if not the best) holidays I've ever had. The family's pretty much all here (well, except for Daddy, who decided to stay in Manila, and Luke, who's spending the holidays with his mom), it's freaking cold, super-white and very happy. We got pretty much everything we wished for--a good trip, snow fall, a great time snowboarding, everyone's happy, safe and healthy. That's all there is to it, right?

My body pretty much hurts all over (like I told Leni, even in places I didn't know I had, haha), and I feel like freaking Angelina Jolie because of windburn, but heck, I don't mind at all. I had soooooooo much fun, made a couple new friends (Riiiick! haha), basically had a blast with the family. And all those slips and slides down the mountains didn't deter my spirit a bit--in fact, I'm already saving up for another snowboarding trip--clothes, equipment, post-session chiropractor treatment and all--for next year. Can't wait!

It's a good decision I made, to stay here for the holidays. I missed my friends like crap but I got something in exchange, something I never probably would have gotten had I about-faced my way home to Manila. I think I'm starting to believe in Christmas again, like I did back when I was a young, naive, worry-free kid. I realized it's not about being all together, or complete or having every single gift on your wishlist--it's just about believing and allowing yourself to be happy despite all the potholes and hurdles. Sort of like counting your belssings. It's kind of hard to explain. Basta. You have to feel it to understand.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Happy New Year! :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home