Thursday, August 04, 2005

Me, the Teacher (yeah, right!)

Today I tagged along with Sir O and Sir Mata to lecture on Architectural History and Identity in DLSU-Dasmarinas. I also got the chance to play teacher a bit. I must admit, I had fun going around, pointing out things to the "kids" and sharing a little bit of what I know. I could definitely see myself in that light, and I kinda like it. I've expressed my interest to Sir O about really getting into it someday. Not someday soon, though. Probably when I've done a Jess Lucas, i.e. landed a one-time, big-time gig and earned enough money to retire waaaay before I've turned 60. :P

Sir O says I have to get my MA first before I could be a lecturer. But he also said that I have the alternative of being a TA, a teaching assistant, even if I don't go into graduate studies. There's pay involved, a stipend, without the usual deductions plus I get a monthly book allowance (yeah!). I'm seriously thinking about it. I feel like I've got a natural inclination towards teaching. It doesn't mean it's going to be easy--I'd probably get into moments when I'll be asking what the hell I was thinking getting into it. BUt I'm feeling like I'd really enjoy it.

Well, who knows, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home