Sunday, March 19, 2006

Fin.

Last Friday, I took my last Spanish exam--the last exam of my college life. It really didn't sink in until my professor said, "OK. Es todo. Adios...gracias." And then it did sink in. It's...over. College is finally over and done with. It was like a huge wave of relief washed over me. And then sadness. And then the need to celebrate. It felt weird. Nice and weird.

College graduation came in a bit overdue for me. The rare times I felt sad (or slightly ashamed) about it, I just told myself, "Think of it like you went to med school." And if that wasn't enough (which it always was), I'd turn to friends. Friends like Leni, Foom, Mikey, Michelle, Les, Mark Marcos, Noel, Rupert and Love--people who seemed to have the innate ability to instantly pick me up with stupid gut-straight one-liners about everything and anything under the sun.

Or the kids. My kids--Pat, Jik, Gegs, Kay, Jid, to name a few. Freshmen I used to boss around when I was a senior. People I now look to as honest-to-goodness friends.

ArkiForum. What can I say? Best damn org in the whole wide world. Something I never expected would have such a big part in my life. The oldies, the young ones, the alumni. Grabe. You guys gave me so much, if I could give back even just half--that would just be so sweet.

My awesome professors--who sometimes felt like they were out to get every single one of us. "Best person(s) for the job"? Sila yun, sobra.

HTC people (Sir O, Sir Jojo-fly, Lexi) who graciously took me in so I could catch the last bus to good things in life like old buildings, happy people, yummy cream puffs and lots of chismis (haha). Feels good to belong to the best studio lab in Arki.

My girls--The Six Deadly Sins (ako yung isa). Liv, Chuk, Yel, Leah, Seppy, Arlene. Never made me feel inferior to have been last in the race, not even once. And who, in fact, pumped up my ego too much at times (kasalanan ko bang ako lang ang artistic sa ating pito?). Love those girls.

Annabanana, who stuck by me like a Post-it to a PC. Best sister in the universe. Marie, who always made me feel like the astig older cousin everyone looked up to. Ninang Beautiful and Tito Rommel (mabuhay ang isko!), who were proud of me, no matter what. Daddy, who spoiled me and my friends. Mama Chola, best mom in the world, whose confidence in me was more than enough to motivate me to finish what I started.

At ikaw. You know who you are and what you meant. Still means, in fact.

Never meant for this to be a senti-sh*t post, but, really guys, THANKS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home