Friday, August 04, 2006

easy.

Yesterday, I asked for (and received, thankfully) much needed advice in what seemed to be the longest time. I felt like I was in the crossroads in terms of what I wanted to do, which was (as one can see from my previous post) maybe too much for one person to handle. The advice?

Take your time.
Funny, I kind of knew that that's what I needed to do. Still, I had to hear it from someone whose opinions mattered to me (and someone who's never a stranger to lost souls asking for a little bit of guidance--Thanks, Papa O).
I was told that I cannot expect to see the path my life should take that clearly and that easily at this point in my life. I need to be patient and trusting with the idea that in due time, that path will be made clearer for me because it always does.
In a sense, it kind of lifted something off my shoulders. In just one day, I went from deeply unsure and depressed to somewhat peaceful and on track with my thoughts and emotions. I now feel like I have a better grasp of things now and things as they're going to be once I actually decide and make my move. And frankly, they don't look half as bad.
And my neverending dilemma of feeling like I'm being pulled a million different directions? I kind of try not to look at it (without meaning to sound like a arrogant a**hole) like I'm someone everyone wants a piece of , and instead look at it with gratitude and humility that I am most welcome in whatever crowd and situation I choose to apply myself to.
I really does help when you look at something in a positive light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home