Thursday, October 05, 2006

on gratitude.

I think I've found the cure for times when you just feel so down and out. It's called GRATITUDE.

Nothing really beats the feeling of hearing someone say, "Thank you.", especially at a time when you're down and out, when nothing seems to ever go right. Works for me.

It's not that you're really expecting to be thanked, for your work to be appreciated. It's really not about that. 90% of the time, you just want to get the job over and done with, so you can move on to greater obstacles. So it's really special when you get something as simple as a thank you just for doing your job. It's as if all the stress and frustration you're feeling all of a sudden just melted away to reveal newfound confidence and belief in yourself.

I think if everyone just said "Thank you.", even for the smallest favor such as picking up something someone dropped, it would make all the difference in someone's day. It's not so much as the manners and etiquette, but the gratitude--even in the smallest form--that genuinely comes from within.

Much as I like being thanked for things I do, I don't necessarily do things for the purpose of being thanked afterwards. For me it's just like a bonus point--that cherry on top of a sundae. It's not always there, but it sure feels great as hell when it is :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home