Monday, October 09, 2006

on another cold, gloomy, rainy day...

Met up with Jay and Foom yesterday after work for a little coffee and yosi date. It was nice to catch up with them yet again. Personally, I think they were kind of lugi with me as I was such a crappy coffee date last night. Wala lang. As much as I appreciate Jay's concern about me being super down these days, and Foomy's attempts to make me laugh with his sablay band stories(even though he was kind of in a bind himself), I just couldn't let myself to just let it all out and tell them everything that's been going on in my mind for quite sometime now. Wala lang. I know I'm just gonna end up more tired and frustrated telling them about it than if I just kept it to myself, so wag na lang.

But I enjoyed that time with the guys. Just hanging around, with coffee and yosi, waiting for the rain to pass. It sounds weird, but it was nice to hear stories about their families, nice to know that they have issues din pala. I mean, it's not nice that they have their troubles too--it's more like the sense of normalcy that comes with knowing that you're not alone, there are others who are going through the same shit.

I got home early, which is uncharacteristically like me. I don't know, I feel weird these days. I find myself having such a short fuse when it comes to issues (even the smallest, most trivial ones) regarding home. I guess I haven't completely settled back in since I came back. That, or I just experienced something so different and well, ideal (for me at least) during my stay in the States, that home here is not quite what it was for me. It's sad, I know, but it's true. At least that's what I think is wrong with me. Or part of it.

On a lighter note (well, not that much lighter), Anna came up to me last night and said that she feels it's the right time for her to finally confront her so-called best friend about certain issues that's been bothering her all this time. I say, damn right it's about time! That girl has been nothing but a nightmare of a friend for so long now, it's about time Anna stands up to her and gives her a piece of her mind. While I'm not exactly ecstatic at the idea of her talking to her a**hole ex again (his name came up in the conversation), I'm glad she's coming to terms with her so-called friendship that's been nothing but emotional torture for so long now. At least one of us is working it out--that's enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home