Tuesday, October 10, 2006

unyielding and guilt-free.

When asked what my biggest weakness was, I said that it was the fact that I worried about other people's problems more than I did mine. "How do you overcome it?", he said, and I told him, "I should probably stop making other people's problems my own."

Now that's exactly what I plan to do. Be unyielding and guilt-free. I'm through being the wishy-washy doormat, the ventriloquist dummy (emphasis on the dummy part) who does nothing but smile and nod at her master's every beck and call. There's no sense continuing that kind of life anyway, since everything I do to make things alright just seems to blow up in my face every single time. Ayoko na talaga.

I will never ever again yield to tears, nor be swayed by guilt-inducing words aimed at my conscience. I will do my best to help, but only where help is truly needed. Feeling ko kasi pinaglalaruan lang ako, and I'm sick of it. Kasi I'm so much better than that, and God knows I don't deserve it. I'm through.

I surprised myself today when I said what I truly wanted to say without fear or guilt or worrying about what other people would think. And then I walked away. That's when it really struck me--kaya ko palang gawin yon, especially when I know I'm right.

That small motion of just turning my back and walking away was one of the most liberating things I have ever done in my entire life. For once I wasn't the one who was stranded in time, defeated and in tears while everyone buzzed about in their busy lives. I knew my way was right, I fought for it, and I won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home