Saturday, June 25, 2005

New Friends

I consider getting to know new people one of the perks of still being in school. Every year, there are new faces, new personalities that, whether we like it or not, come into our lives and somehow leave us enriched or with new things either to look forward to or to watch out for.

At 22, I don't consider myself too old to hang out with people a couple of years (or more) younger than I am. It is college after all--and in college, age is but a number. College taught me how to be able to catch up with the "young ones" and still be in tune with the "young once".

AF had it's freshie sportsfest for A2 this morning, and boy, was it fun. Imagine starting your day super early just to play kiddie games at the nearby basketball court, have lunch with friends afterwards, then end the day with a few bottles of ice-cold beer. Haaaayyy...

And if that wasn't good enough, I also made new friends today, most of them younger than I am. It was cool though--sometimes you learn more from the younger people than from the older, seemingly wiser ones. That's what I like about young people--they have fresher perspectives and are always so curious about the simplest things. The people I hung out with were like that, and they weren't intimidated by the fact that they're having a few drinks with people older than them at high noon. They were cool, and I'm glad I had the chance to hang out with them, even for just a few hours.

I look forward to more times like these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home