Monday, May 15, 2006

15...

Kamusta naman, San Antonio?! Anubeh...
(In fairness, ang galing ni Devin Harris ng Mavs.)


My sister told me something that happened to this PBA player a few days ago. I think his name's Eugene Tejada (or something?). It was scary--he fell on his back and cracked something (I don't really know all the details) and then he couldn't get up 'cos he wasn't feeling anything from his waist down. Man, that just freaked me out *shudder*. It just goes to show that while playing sports is good for the health, without necessary precaution (or in case of an accident), it has double the potential of being dangerous. I mean, how many times have we heard stories of broken bones and torn ACLs (from JB Biton, a time too many :p) among other sport-related injuries. I kind of understand how some people (ahem, Anna) are satisfied with just being spectators from afar, as opposed to actually being on the court, the field or wherever. Personally, while I'm happy watching others play, I do get the urge to sweat it out from time to time. A chance to learn a new sport is a great thing for me (and probably the reason why I can't really identify myself as a pro of sorts in just one sport--hey, that rhymes, hehe). While I may not be the best player in every sport I play, I am a player. Honestly, that's good enough for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

7:59 AM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home