Sunday, May 21, 2006

9...





"Baby, I'm ready to go...."





Ambitions do not stop once one does indeed grow up. The age-old question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" may seem so passe once one has reached the age when one is actually in the process of fulfilling that ambition, but the idea of ambition behind it never ceases to exist, moreover, flourish into something different. Perhaps greater.

Every single time I was asked that question years ago (yes, it does seem like eons ago), I would answer "A Doctor." or "An Architect." Ask me the same question now and I would probably give you "Top Chef" or "Travel Journalist", instead of the answer I've been telling people (including myself) for a little over 20 years now. Of course, as of the moment, these are but fantastic dreams (probably brought about the monotony I've been feeling for a few weeks now), but come to think of it, the prospect of being an Architect also started out as a 7 year old's grown-up fantasy.

Who knows, right?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home